The student news site of Hayward High School

Red Rocket Grill Soars

February 12, 2015

What: Red Rocket Char Grill

Where: Downtown Hayward on B Street. Located in front of Bank of the West, next to the Century Movie Theaters

Price Range: $1.25-$7.95 plus taxes

When: Monday-Thursday 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. Friday-Saturday 11 a.m. – 12 a.m. Sunday 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.

Hayward High students can receive a student discount

Downtown Hayward has been lacking good community spirit for the last couple of years. Lately, everything has changed from remodeling the whole downtown to adding more restaurants as years pass by. For example, Hayward has been adding taquerias, food trucks, restaurants, coffee shops, etc.

In every city, people would surely enjoy to have a place like Red Rocket Char Grill because it is a restaurant that has modernized furniture, a clean atmosphere, and great food. The inside of the restaurant has a red-and-black checker design, complete with a tiled mosaic wall in back.

As people enter all eyes are on the menu with not knowing what to order because the different types of food that is in the menu, that are different from other restaurants. The menu is well laid out, and the smell that comes from the grill is one to save, so everyone should decide to try it out.

Red Rocket Char Grill is a peaceful and calm environment while enjoying a meal and it is is a restaurant that serves burgers, grilled sandwiches, fries, shakes; everything is made with fresh produce and the burgers have well-cooked meat.

When in the mood for a burger, Red Rocket is the place for it. Walking through the front door, everyone who walks in will immediately be greeted by the friendly staff behind the counter.

It is a great restaurant with super friendly, helpful and attentive employees. When walking into Red Rocket Char Grill, it shows that there has been many places that do not have the feeling of comfort and good service.

Red Rocket Char Grill feels like home and as enjoying a meal, there is a realization that the food is brought fresh and hot by warm, loving staff. The restaurant gives a good vibe with a clean environment. The food there is amazing, it is brought right as it’s ordered, or it is brought immediately which shows how much of a good and quick service Red Rocket Char Grill has.

This is a counter service restaurant where you order and pay your money up front, then pick up your order when it is done. It does not take long to order freshly grilled burgers, they are instantly made in about twelve minutes. Of their nine burger varieties, there are also grilled sandwiches. As the food came the Flammin’ Chicken Rocket Sandwich was cooked to perfection it could not have been better. The sandwich comes with the cold toppings on the side in able for a person to build it as they like. The burgers have a remarkable taste, that leaves a customer wanting more, although they’re quite fulfilling.

In addition to burgers, they have the standard potato, garlic, cheese, sweet potato and rocket fries that are available as sides. Fries are a must for people that are into fast food restaurants. For dessert, the expected trio of shake flavors of strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. The shakes have an amazing taste and held real strawberry preserves.

The N.Y. Cheesecake and churros are also part of the dessert menu. Despite the food prices being quite high, Red Rocket Char Grill shows excellent customer service, as well as high quality food. Red Rocket Char Grill be worth going back for a visit. Red Rocket Char Grill has the perfect fresh burgers that customers would love to invest in.